The 2023 IAB Newfronts were held this week in New York City with the opportunity to join in on the excitement through virtual attendance. Media Works took advantage of this thought provoking event, catching up on platform capabilities, new industry trends, and emerging topics. This conference leads into the network upfronts in NYC May 16-19 where the TV industry congregates for a sneak peak into the upcoming Spring programming.
The future of connected tv was at the forefront of this year’s panels with leaders in the CTV/OTT space, particularly how innovation and data is driving new ways to connect with an audience through the main screen of every home. LG, Samsung, Tivo, YouTube, Vizio, and more communicated their platform value, data capabilities, and how to connect your message to your audience. A few noteworthy highlights include:
- YouTube defining their channel as the best way to reach the Gen Z audience. One that has historically been challenging to connect with through more traditional video channels.
- Vizio Inscape offering a new home screen with personalized advertising to customers during their search and discovery process.
- Amazon tapping into the newest streaming TV trend of FAST with their rebrand of ImDb TV to FreeVee.
- CafeMedia’s rebrand at Raptive- A way to connect your brand message with over 4,000 unique content creators/digital influencers. A programmatic way to connect your brand with premium brand safe influencer generated content.
- LG TV’s innovative ad units on screen including carousels, branded canvas’, and partnerships with Amagi’s virtual product placements. Check out this novelty ad creation created in partnership with LG and the Transformers movie which aired during March Madness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeeIfpbUAHg
- TiVo testing TV’s powered by TiVo in Europe, TV’s are the new “OEM” of connecting with video viewers. TV launched TiVo Extend- ability to utilize their Set Top Box data from over 30 MM households across the country.
- Lastly, Meta’s push on their Reel’s placement. On average, Reel’s are reshared more than 2 BILLION times a day!
These 15-20 minutes sessions just scratched the surface of the ever evolving video landscape. With so much media consumption happening, advertisers are having to find the most creative, effective, and efficient ways to stand out against the clutter. Luckily some new (and old) age platforms are making it possible to do so!
Written by VP Operations & Planning, Monica Lazarus